Tuesday, October 8, 2013
The day’s goal was to attach the motor to the flag raiser.
First, we added a spacer between the u-channel with the pegs and its gear. We did this so that the screws in the pegs didn’t catch on the gear attached to the motor when turned.
In order for the gears to line up we had to drill holes to attach the motor mount. We clamped the pieces in place so we could drill the holes and then we were able to attach the motor mount and mount the motor.
At the end of the day we were able to manually turn the motor, and make sure the gears were lined up correctly and that no pieces were obstructing movement.
The next step is to test the flag raiser with electrical.