November 19, 2013
Today was our first meeting after the Fall Harvest Qualifier. We we’re still happy about our success at the competition. The first part of the meeting was designated to organizing our team after the competition. We went over the details of the competition, and made a list of what needs to be fixed. We also shared various thoughts of what we learned. Everyone enjoyed the competition and learned something. Many people were impressed with the gracious professionalism of the other teams, and a few shared specific examples of they portrayed gracious professionalism.
After determining what needs to be done, we broke into groups and began working. I first helped the scouters figure out how to better the scouting system. With one of our mentors, we drew a diagram of how the ideal scouting system should be. The drawing is attached. We then thought about how this perfect scout system could fit into our robotics team. We decided to modernize our system and make a spreadsheet that we can plug other teams data into and quickly and easily evaluate. We also assigned people to the roles of scout master and strategists. We decided that on our team they have to be the same person because that will help simplify the system.
Once the scouters were working, I sat down with my mentor and organized the engineering notebook. We made a list of all the problems with the notebook and how to fix them.
I did not like the format of our old notebook, so I was excited to change it. By the end of the night, we decided to continue using blogger.com
to collect the submissions, then Julie and I will transport the entries over to a google doc. This will make it easier to print and format.
Until next time,
4390 Engineering Notebook